Terms and Conditions
You may use this website only for lawful purposes.
This website is owned by Forums and Events Limited, registered office is at Forums and Events LTD, 20 Sylvester Road, East Finchley,London,N2 HA8,United Kingdom and operates under the registered trade mark FORUMS AND EVENTS ("FORUMS AND EVENTS"). By using this website, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may vary from time to time. Please check these Terms and Conditions, before you book any services from this website.
FORUMS AND EVENTS, any member of its team or representatives cannot be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. FORUMS AND EVENTS makes no representation about the suitability and accuracy of the information contained on this website. You shall indemnify FORUMS AND EVENTS against all costs, claims, demands or expenses incurred by or made against FORUMS AND EVENTS or this website as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions or howsoever.
This website is for personal use only and all material is provided for information purposes only. Any listing on this website, be it actual text or hyperlink, is not necessarily meant to imply, nor should the same be construed as, an official endorsement on the part of FORUMS AND EVENTS. Further, information on this website is provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Neither FORUMS AND EVENTS, nor any of its agents or representatives can accept responsibility or liability (express or implied) for the accuracy or correctness of any information displayed on this website. All rights including copyright and database rights in this website and its contents are owned by or licensed to FORUMS AND EVENTS, or otherwise used by or licensed to FORUMS AND EVENTS as permitted by applicable law.
You are permitted to browse this website and you may, for your personal use only, save to your individual storage medium and print such extracts from this site as are necessary for such use. You may recopy extracted material to individual third parties for their personal use only.
FORUMS AND EVENTS reserves the right to remove, alter, change or vary the services offered on this website at any time without notice.
This website is administered by FORUMS AND EVENTS from its corporate offices in London. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. The Courts of the United Kingdom are to have exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
FORUMS AND EVENTS (the "Company") accepts bookings under the following conditions:
- Bookings are accepted through our website by registering and providing the information needed and processing a credit card or bank transfer payment.
- Bookings are also accepted by fax or email by filling up the booking form together with full payment sent to FORUMS AND EVENTS. A confirmation of the booking will then be issued.
- Returning the signed registration form or making a payment through the website constitutes a firm booking.
- Bookings may be made over the telephone. In such case bookings will be confirmed only after receiving full payment.
- All payments including credit card, must be in the currency the event is announced.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel a booking if payment is not made 6 weeks prior to the conference taking place. Any outstanding payment becomes the responsibility of the signatory made on the reservation form.
- Payment for any booking made within 6 weeks of the conference will still be due to the Company irrespective of whether the delegate attends.
- All correspondence will be sent to participants at the address specified on the booking form or over the telephone (this address will also appear on the official Participants list given out at the event).
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate may be able to attend. This must be received in writing one week prior to the conference.
- The Company reserves the right to change the conference speakers in case of illness or other conditions beyond its control.
- The Company does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to delegates own property and/or personal effects whilst at the conference. The Company does not accept any liability for loss or damage to personal effects caused by events beyond its control – including (but without limitation) fire, flood, strikes, civil disturbances or for consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever.
- Speakers approached at time of print.
Written confirmation received 6 weeks prior to the conference will be accepted and a refund of 90% of the booking charge will be made. After this date, no refunds can be given. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted.
- If written cancellation is not received 6 weeks prior to the conference full payment will still be due irrespective of whether the delegate attends the conference.
- The Organiser is not liable in any respect to any delegate, exhibitor, sponsor or advertiser in any respect should the Conference be cancelled, rescheduled or relocated for any reason.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this website and should cease using this website.
- The Company reserves the right to vary or cancel an Event where the occasion necessitates.
- The Client shall have the right to cancel the Order within 7 days of the date of the Contract. However, the Client has no right to cancel if the Order is placed within 28 days of the Event. Notice to cancel the Order must be given in writing by the Client using Recorded Delivery Post. Failure by the Client to cancel using the prescribed notice shall result in the Order being binding on the Client and payment will be due in full.
All our on-line transactions are secure and guaranteed by our payment partner.
Photography and Video Release
By registering for and attending Forums and Events Ltd. event, participants agree to allow Forums and Events Ltd. and its photographers and/or videographers to photograph or videotape them, including the recordation of the image and voice of the participants in the event areas during any and all General Sessions, Breakouts, and all common areas.
Participants hereby give and grant to Forums and Events Ltd and its representatives, successors, assigns, licensees, employees, and any person, corporation, or entity acting under its permission or with its authority, or for whom it might be acting, including anyone distributing or disseminating communications by or regarding Forums and Events Ltd (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Licensed Parties") the irrevocable right, permission and license to publish, reproduce, distribute, and/or otherwise use: participant's name; and any still or moving photographic image, likeness, or sound recording of conference participant (the "Images and Recordings").
Forums and Events Ltd reserves the right to use the Images and Recordings without compensation to participant in subsequent print and/or electronic publications, promotional/marketing materials, and/or on the Forums and Events Ltd website. Participants hereby waive all rights of inspection or approval with regard to any use of the Images and Recordings. If a participant does not wish to be photographed or videotaped at the conference, he or she must notify the photographers or videographers if they approach the participant. During the event, all attendees are prohibited from taking pictures or videos during all sessions.
If found doing so, your equipment may be confiscated and you risk being escorted out of the event area for the remainder of the event.
Nothing in the Contract shall limit or exclude the Company's liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(c) breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession) or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
21 Subject to clause 20, the Company shall not be liable to the Client, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
(a) loss of profits;
(b) loss of sales or business;
(c) loss of agreements or contracts;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
(f) loss of damage to goodwill; and
(g) any indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to clause 20, the Company’s liability to the Client, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract is limited to the amount of the charges paid under the Contract.
- The terms implied by sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
- No unauthorised trading is permitted within the venue.
- In the interests of public safety, the Company reserves the right to request the Client to leave the venue at any time for safety reasons or immediately after the Event. No admission or re-admission is permitted after the end of the Event.
- Data Protection: The Company may periodically contact you with details of programmes and services that may be of interest to you and may pass your details to other companies within the Company’s group and selected clients. Please write to the Company if you do not wish to be included in this activity.
- If for any reason part of these Conditions are unenforceable, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- Contracts between the Client and the Company shall be governed by English Law and the Client and the Company submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Any payment due under the Order shall be made in full without set off or counterclaim. In the event of non-payment or non-compliance of our payment terms then the Client shall be responsible for all legal, collection and debt recovery fees and costs.
- Disputes must be raised within 10 working days from the date of the invoice. Details of a dispute must be given in writing, (letters, fax and emails are acceptable forms of notification). Physical proof of delivery may be requested.
- The Client gives consent to the Company to carry out a credit search on the partners and directors of the organisation now or at a future date. The credit search will be recorded by the agency and may be disclosed to subsequent enquirers.
- If your ticket is complimentary there will be a £55 plus VAT administration charge if you do not attend the Event. Written notice of non-attendance is to be received and acknowledged by the Company 48 hours before the Event start date.
- The Company will organise and stage the Event in a professional manner, however the Company will not be held responsible if any speaker or anyone scheduled to take part in the Event programme withdraws their participation in the Event.
- Unless it expressly states otherwise, the Contract does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the Contract. The rights of the parties to rescind or vary the Contract are not subject to the consent of any other person.
- The Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- Each party acknowledges that in entering into the Contract it does not rely on, and shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in the Contract. Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in the Contract.
- Nothing in clauses 35 and 36 shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
- Except as set out in these Conditions, no variation of the Contract shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the parties (or their authorised representatives).
- A waiver of any right or remedy under the Contract or by law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. A failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under the Contract or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy provided under the Contract or by law shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- Force Majeure – The Company is relieved of all its obligations if any act is outside the Company’s control which means the Company is unable to hold the Event such as: acts of god, danger of war, fire or severe disturbances affecting the organisation, venue or its suppliers.
- The Company reserves the right to revise these Conditions from time to time.
- The data supplied to the Company by the Client may be used for the Company’s communication and marketing to the Client about relevant news, reviews and opportunities that the Company can provide.